A Visual Aid
This interactive page provides suppport for those learning about binary numbers. It shows the ones and zeros as lights. A light turned on represents a one while a light turned off represents a zero. There are a number of ways to interact with the lights.
1. Click on a light to turn it on or off.
2. The button 'Headings' will show or hide the values of the lights.
3. The button 'Total' will show or hide the decimal equivalent of the binary number.
4. The button 'Count' starts the lights showing a counting sequence.
5. The button 'Reset' sets the lights to zero.
6. The button 'Random' shows a random number between 1 and 255.
"Binary: It's as easy as 01, 10, 11."
Jo Morgan, Twitter
Do you have any comments? It is always useful to receive feedback and helps make this free resource even more useful for those learning Mathematics anywhere in the world. Click here to enter your comments.